Welcome to Eating Disorder Solutions, where compassion meets transformation on the journey to recovery from eating disorders. We understand that these disorders can be overwhelming, affecting not just physical health but also the very essence of one’s well-being. The disruptive nature of eating disorders goes beyond the surface, intertwining with the emotional, social, and mental aspects of life. We recognize the courage it takes to seek help, and we’re here to offer a sanctuary of understanding, support, and hope. At Eating Disorder Solutions, we believe in the power of recovery, knowing that with the right care, every individual has the potential to reclaim a life of balance, joy, and fulfillment.
If you’re looking into treatment centers or just curious about what we offer, our goal is to ensure you feel supported at every step, and fostering awareness of these disorders is a key aspect of our mission.
- In the United States, approximately 24 million people face the challenges of eating disorders.
- These disorders, second only to opioid addiction in terms of lethality, lead to around 10,200 deaths each year.
- Eating disorders can affect people of all genders and ages, often beginning in the tumultuous teenage years.
We acknowledge that the emotions you’re facing are profoundly personal and uniquely demanding. We know that your journey is complex, affecting not only your personal struggles but also seeping into your relationships, school, and professional life. Yet, with the appropriate care, treatment, and understanding, you can discover the strength to break free from your eating disorder. By committing to the process, you’ll unveil a new world and version of yourself, allowing you to embrace who you were always meant to be.
Request a Call
Request a free consultation from an Eating Disorder Coordinator.
Our Approach to Eating Disorder Treatment
We understand that those seeking treatment for an eating disorder, both individuals and families, may have reservations or concerns. Our goal is to meet our clients where they are, addressing their unique needs and circumstances. Our distinct approach makes our program stand out — providing evidence-based treatment blended with warmth, compassion, and a supportive environment. This creates a space where you can feel secure and empowered, fostering trust in the recovery process.
Our treatment is as unique as the individual. The overarching goals include:
- Restoring both physical and mental health
- Modifying eating disorder behaviors
- Establishing healthy eating habits
- Challenging negative thinking patterns
- Creating a plan for managing potential relapses.
Your personalized treatment plan will encompass:
- Various therapeutic modalities, including Psychotherapy, Ecotherapy, Expressive Therapy, and Exposure Therapy.
- Nutrition education, facilitated by a nutritionist or dietitian, where we aim to deepen your understanding of your relationship with food while fostering an eating plan that nurtures both physical and emotional well-being.
- The use of medication, which is typically considered on a case-by-case basis. At our treatment center, medication offers advantages by addressing co-occurring conditions, stabilizing mood and anxiety, and aiding in the management of symptoms. It’s important to emphasize that medication is not a standalone solution but is often integrated into a comprehensive treatment plan.
Our approach to treating eating disorders goes beyond just physical symptoms. We focus on the interconnected aspects of the disorder, including the psychological and emotional dimensions. Our strategy involves personalized therapy, nutritional counseling adapted to individual needs, and emotional support to build resilience. By understanding how these elements interact, your treatment plan is finely tuned to help you achieve lasting recovery and support your journey toward a balanced and fulfilling life.
At Eating Disorder Solutions, we will never try to put you into a one-size-fits-all program. Instead, you will always feel heard and understood by our team of health care practitioners. Our goal is to treat you with respect and compassion so that you can excel in your eating disorder recovery.
Comprehensive care is provided by a multidisciplinary team working collaboratively to meet each individual’s unique needs, communicating and adjusting as progress is made during treatment. Our professional team is made up of a wide array of highly trained health care practitioners to help you with the psychological, physical, and dietary aspects of your recovery.
Clients meet with our psychiatrist upon admission and weekly for residential and PHP levels of care. Diagnosis and effective treatment of co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, and trauma is critical for long-term recovery.
Clients meet with our physician upon admission and weekly for residential and PHP levels of care. Our expert staff is well versed in the treatment of complex medical problems related to eating disorders.
Onsite 24/7 at the residential level of care monitoring health, nutritional status, electrolyte balance, weight, and activity, while keeping watch over diuretic/laxative use.
Registered and licensed dietician
Sees clients weekly at all levels of care, creating a customized meal plan tailored to individual needs and adjusting as necessary while treatment progresses.
Masters level therapists
Meet with clients twice per week at the residential and PHP levels of care, followed by once per week at the IOP level of care. This includes a combination of individual and family therapy to ensure clients also have a strong support system.
Provide ongoing support and guidance, encouraging clients to take critical recovery steps, reassuring them they will be ok, and role modeling appropriate behavior.
You can rest assured that we will be with you throughout your entire journey.
Whether you choose us for our personalized eating disorder treatment options, our licensed therapists, our small treatment populations or our wide array of counseling and therapy solutions, you will know that you are safe, accepted, and prioritized every step of the way.
Benefits of Completing Eating Disorder Treatment:
By the end of your treatment plan, you will be prepared to walk out of our doors with confidence. Your goals are attainable, and we’re here to help you reach them. To name only some of the benefits of completing treatment:
- You will be able to create a positive relationship with yourself, your body, and food.
- You will be able to use coping skills outside of treatment to calm yourself when feeling overwhelmed.
- You will be able to adjust to living without eating disorders beyond the safety of our walls.
- You will learn skills that help you change negative emotions and thoughts about yourself or situations.
- You will find self-love and continue believing in your self-worth and self-recovery.
- You will have built a strong foundation for your recovery process during and after leaving Eating Disorder Solutions.
- You will be able to develop loving, honest, and supportive relationships with friends, family, co-workers, and your support system here at Eating Disorder Solutions.
If after treatment completion you feel like you are still in need of additional care, we’ll support you. Once you come here – you’re a part of our family. We’ll check in with you after:
- 30 days
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 1 year post treatment & then every year after that
If you’re seeing or feeling signs of a relapse, we will help. Whether it’s additional treatment with us or getting you connected with other forms of support, we are here.
Our Guarantee to You: After completing 75 consecutive days of treatment at Eating Disorder Solutions, if you experience a significant setback, you can receive an additional 75 consecutive days of treatment at zero cost to you. Learn more about our 75+75 Treatment Guarantee.
Request a Call
Levels of Care for Eating Disorder Treatment
The key to success with eating disorder treatment is to focus on long-term recovery. Our full continuum of care sets us apart both locally and nationally because we provide person-focused, comprehensive treatment programs that empower our clients for lifelong recovery. We’re here for you whenever you need us, no matter where you call home.
Many of our clients begin with residential eating disorder treatment, especially if they have moderate to severe symptoms. Lasting approximately 30-60 days, residential treatment provides round the clock care in a safe, supportive environment free of daily stressors. The focus of residential treatment is to work on mental and physical stability in order to lay a strong foundation that enables clients to progress in recovery.
- Complete assessment of your physical and mental health so that we can create the best care plan together.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks provided by onsite chef daily.
- Nurses and recovery coaches are onsite 24 hours a day to monitor health and provide guidance.
- Meetings with our psychiatrist and physician weekly, as well as our registered and licensed dietitian.
- Masters level therapists are seen twice weekly for individual and family therapy.
- You will be in a controlled, safe environment and won’t be faced with typical daily stressors.
- You will have a great deal of support from our health care practitioners as well as from other clients.
- You will be completely safe and prioritized, and someone will be able to carefully and skillfully monitor your health as you recover.
For patients who do not require residential treatment, we offer partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. Both of these treatment levels offer the same compassionate care as residential programs while allowing you to return home in the evenings. This offers the flexibility to continue tending to other responsibilities and obligations.
Partial Hospitalization Program:
- Offered five days per week.
- Five hours of individual, group, family and nutrition counseling each day.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks provided by on-site chef daily.
- Includes medical assessments, a variety of therapy sessions and nutrition education.
- You will begin to address the underlying stressors and triggers that led to your eating disorder.
- You will begin building skills for stress tolerance and emotional regulation – things that will help you handle daily life outside of our recovery center.
Intensive Outpatient Program:
- Group supported meals.
- Offered three to five days per week.
- Two group therapy sessions per day, plus weekly sessions with our registered and licensed dietitian and masters level therapists.
- Begin shifting the majority of your time back to your life outside treatment.
- A flexible schedule allows you to spend time with family and friends, work part time or go to school.
- You will begin applying newly developed coping and life skills in real-world situations with continued guidance from our team of specialists.
Eating Disorder Treatment Modalities
Your initial care plan will include individualized recommendations to provide you with the best eating disorder treatment options for your unique needs. Our dedicated clinical team will consider your diagnosis, symptoms and any co-occurring diagnoses when choosing from the following treatment types.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This type of psychotherapy helps you recognize your negative thought patterns and to find ways to replace your negative thoughts with positive ones. It may include talk therapy or even exposure therapy to help individuals learn to cope in their everyday lives.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): Also focuses on the negative emotions that you may feel especially if these emotions result in unhealthy physical behaviors. Individuals learn how to be mindful and how to control their emotions even when they are stressed.
- Nutritional Therapy: A registered dietitian will help you craft meal plans that fully meet your nutritional needs while also teaching you how to build healthy relationships with food.
- Individual Therapy: You will be able to meet with a therapist one-on-one to discuss personal concerns.
- Group Therapy: Numerous individuals facing the same struggles will learn coping mechanisms and provide empathetic support to each other during group sessions.
- Family Therapy: Helps loved ones understand more about your diagnosis so that they have a strong support system after residential treatments.
- Support Groups: These groups help you remain healthy even after you have left residential treatment, and they provide a place for family members to be heard.
- Spiritual Therapy: This therapy addresses the spiritual components of emotions and health and acknowledges your religious beliefs.
- Expressive Arts: Expressive art lets you get your feelings out or tell your stories through painting, sculpting, drawing or other artistic techniques.
- Holistic Wellness: Includes offsite equine therapy, nature trails, journaling, utilizing music in expressive themes, mindfulness and meditation, and yoga.
- Activities: Depending on location, we have a range of activities that include visits to downtown Weatherford, Clyde Warren Park, Bishop Arts District, zoo, botanical gardens and local festivals.
Everything we do is through a trauma informed lens, because trauma is frequently an underlying condition of eating disorders. We identify where someone is in dealing with their trauma, and everything is your choice when it comes to your body. You have a voice and autonomy.
In addition to trauma, we treat co-occurring disorders including:
- Personality disorder
We also assess for substance use disorder, and can coordinate detox if necessary through our partner facility Discovery Point Retreat.
Eating Disorders We Treat
At Eating Disorder Solutions, we treat a wide array of eating disorders from the more common problems to the lesser-known ones. All of our eating disorder treatment plans are designed to get to the heart of the problem and to treat the mental and emotional issues present which may be causing dangerous and destructive physical behaviors.
- Anorexia nervosa
A common type of eating disorder which presents as symptoms of poor body image, resulting in restrictive eating leading to low body weight. Left untreated, anorexia leads to incredible damage to almost every body system and can even lead to death. However, anorexia treatment helps clients discover healthier ways of looking at their bodies while also improving their health through good nutrition.
- Bulimia nervosaLike anorexia, bulimia also involves a lack of positive body image, but results in binging and purging cycles. Individuals may over-exercise, use laxatives, fast obsessively or even choose self-induced vomiting to get rid of their food and feel better about themselves again. Treatment for bulimia must focus on the underlying mental causes for the disorder while teaching clients about well-balanced meals and healthy exercise patterns.
- Binge eating
Similar to bulimia, binge eating disorder involves the consumption of large quantities of food in a short period of time, often accompanied by feelings of a lack of control, shame, or embarrassment. Binges may involve eating beyond the point of discomfort and can cause extreme emotional distress. However, this condition is distinct from bulimia in that it does not involve purging behaviors after a period of excessive eating.
Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder is an eating disorder in which the body is denied the nutrients that it needs to function properly. As a result, all bodily functions slow down in order to conserve energy and can lead to serious medical problems. Compared to other eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia and binge eating, Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) doesn’t involve a desire to improve body image or lose weight. Individuals with this condition don’t follow eating rituals for any reason. Instead, they feel the need to avoid or restrict specific foods or all foods to the point that it damages their health. Some individuals don’t eat foods of certain colors, textures or types because they relate them to traumatic incidents. For others, ARFID involves the eating process in general.
Other specified eating disorder, also known as OSFED, is an eating disorder in which individuals may have symptoms of anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder, but the symptoms blur the lines between all three, and do not fit neatly into one diagnostic category. OSFED is much more common than you may think. In fact, this disorder accounts for up to 50% of all eating disorder cases. Because of the severity of other specified eating disorders, treatment is crucial. OSFED may progress to anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder if left untreated.
Of course, we also offer treatments for a wide range of other disordered eating and body image concerns, including the following:
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Compulsive Overeating
- Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
Co-Occurring Disorders & Eating Disorders
In many instances, those who suffer from anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, ARFID, and OSFED also suffer from a co-occurring disorder or addiction. These co-occurring disorders can make an eating disorder harder to monitor and control, increasing the severity and worsening the symptoms.
Start Your Recovery Today
When you choose to be treated at Eating Disorder Solutions, you will not only get better, but you’ll stay better. Recovery is 100% possible here. You will benefit from our client-centric treatment in a homelike environment, our ability to provide a multidisciplinary approach to treatment, and the dedicated, experienced staff practicing at our facility. No matter where you are in your journey, we can help you connect to yourself and your goals again. Shame, worry, and embarrassment don’t sit at our table. But you do. Don’t delay care any longer. Choose Eating Disorder Solutions, and get the help that you or a loved one needs right now. Contact us online today or call 855-808-4213.
Our Commitment to You
After completing 75 consecutive days of treatment at Eating Disorder Solutions, if you experience a significant setback you can receive an additional 75 consecutive days of treatment at no cost.