Work Stress Can Contribute to Eating Disorders
Although employers may be unaware, approximately 20% of all employees are experiencing a mental illness at any time. As we all know, work can be one of the most stressful daily activities. No matter what your work environment is like, whether it is hitting sales targets, being nice to even the most demanding customers, or meeting impending deadlines, it is a challenging place to be, so it is no wonder that many people suffer from eating disorders as a result of stress at work.
Common Workplace Triggers
- A lack of time to take a break or a proper lunch break
- Providing specific meals in the workplace rather than a wide range of options
- Vending machines that sell snacks, candy, and chocolates, which can exacerbate the guilt/stress cycle
- Unhelpful workplace cultures that allow workers to hide their eating disorders, such as working through lunch instead of taking a break
Request a Call
Request a free consultation from an Eating Disorder Coordinator.
How Eating Disorder Solutions Can Help You Balance Work Obligations and Treatment Effectively:
It is easy to become debilitated by work stress and anxiety, especially when trying to manage and cope with an eating disorder. Our priority: Make treatment realistic for you so that you can come immediately and stay for as long as you need in your recovery. Our accommodations for working professionals are very individualized and allow clients to take their recovery into their own hands.
Flexible Solutions to Support Your Needs
- We understand everyone’s recovery journey and needs are unique, so we remain flexible and make accommodations case by case.
- Typically, between meal times, therapy sessions, one-on-ones, and outings, clients have an hour and a half daily to access computers and partake in online classes or meetings.
- We have computers, desktops, and laptops. Clients are welcome to bring their laptops, but we will always provide equipment if needed.
- Additionally, we provide a comfortable, quiet space for you to work, such as an office or bedroom.
- PHP: 6 hours of treatment per day
- Residential: 1-3 hours of treatment per day
Request a Call
What We Offer:
Expert clinicians and comprehensive care
Our team of compassionate practitioners provides clients with world-class treatment, including one-on-one treatments with licensed clinicians at the master’s level. We have a low client-to-staff ratio and are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
At Eating Disorder Solutions, we treat eating disorders spanning the entire spectrum, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and other disordered eating behaviors and body image issues. With a range of services from residential eating disorder treatment to outpatient programs, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of each individual client. Every step of the way, we offer guidance and support from our team of experienced physicians, nurses, therapists, dietitians, and recovery coaches.
Convenient location easily accessible from anywhere in the U.S.
Eating Disorder Solutions is centrally located in Weatherford and Dallas, Texas. With two airports – Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field – our center is easily accessible via a direct flight from most parts of the country.
Healing and helpful amenities
Within our homelike setting surrounded by acres of land, you’ll find everything you need to feel safe and comfortable. Well-appointed rooms are furnished with flat-screen TVs and high-quality linens. Our onsite chef prepares healthy and delicious meals with the freshest ingredients to rejuvenate your body, working with our registered dietician. You can participate in guided wellness programs like yoga or enjoy easy and calming hikes with our walking trails. It’s the perfect environment to relax and recover privately and confidentially.
Start your recovery today.
We understand the importance of your career and how quickly you want to return to doing what you love. If you need eating disorder treatment, we will provide the individualized treatment you deserve and help you develop a re-entry strategy to return to work. We maintain complete confidentiality and can help you recover in a safe, comfortable, and discreet environment. Contact us today at 855-808-4213 for a confidential conversation about your situation.