I don’t know about you, but when I was a kid there were special moments that would always happen in the brisk changes between fall and winter, and my favorite was waking up to morning homemade coffee cake. The warm and toasty aromas of cinnamon that would dance in the air just brought such peace and joy to those beautiful slow mornings, so I want to share a little bit of that beauty here with you.
Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Spray a 9×13 cooking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Prepare the topping by whisking together sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter. Stir until well-combined. Set aside.
- Prepare filling by mixing together brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- To make the cake: Beat butter, salt, sugars, baking powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth in consistency.
- Add in eggs. One at a time.
- In a separate bowl mix together greek yogurt and milk until well combined.
- Alternate mixing, flour, butter and milk mixture until well combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle on filling evenly across the batter.
- Spread on the remaining half of batter–evenly distributing. Use a knife to gently swirl batter (marble).
- Sprinkle topping on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for 20 minutes.