Chicken fajitas are an absolute must in Texas! I love ordering them out at restaurants, but if you are like me, and do not always have time to cook, then this recipe is for you! It is simple and easy. Purchase the ingredients, mix all together, prepare, and store leftovers for later! Once the ingredients are mixed together just throw it all in a bag, pop it in the freezer (for up to 3 months!). When you’re ready to eat them just thaw the ingredients and pop them in a slow cooker! I usually let the bag thaw overnight and then pour the ingredients in my slow cooker before I go to work!
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large, gallon-sized freezer bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Add red onion and bell peppers to a freezer bag. Seal freezer bag and ensure excess air is squeezed out. Gently mix contents together so that the marinade fully coats the chicken.
- Place in the freezer and store up to 3 months.
- When ready to enjoy, thaw completely and pour contents into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.