These little nuggets are perfectly portable, easily prepared and deliciously simple little snacks.
Nutrient Spotlight: Copper
Copper is an essential nutrient in the body and helps to contribute to iron absorption within the body, and it also helps in the formation of blood cells. Copper also contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves, and immunity function.
Just 2 Dates contain 19% of the daily recommended value of Copper.
Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Dates
8 medjool dates
¼ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
¼ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate)
- Slice dates (not cutting all the way through, only half way);
- Add peanut butter to center;
- Melt chocolate for 1 minute (add additional 30 seconds until melted);
- Roll dates in melted chocolate until covered and then stick in fridge until chocolate hardens;
- Store in a covered container in the fridge & Enjoy!