Summertime picnics: maybe we’re not having them like we use to, but this is still a recipe that you must keep on file for future get-togethers. Chalked full of nutrients, this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Creamy Avocado Potato Salad
- 5 Yukon Gold Potatoes (diced)
- 2 ribs of celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup asparagus tips (inch long)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 medium avocados (pitted and peeled)
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill (stemmed removed; roughly chopped)
- Chives (sliced for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F;
- Toss potatoes and broccoli in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour onto baking pan and bake 20 minutes;
- Add asparagus to pan and cook for additional 5 minutes;
- While baking–blend avocado in food processor until smooth;
- Add mustard and salt;
- Remove vegetables from oven, add into bowl, add celery, dill, and avocado mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with chives;
- Serve warm or chilled.