Honestly, the first time I ever made this cranberry pumpkin seed granola I was so amazed by the perfect symphony of sweet and salty flavor notes that tied these ingredients together! And honestly, I gravitated towards it because it doesn’t have an extravagant amount of prep-work, ingredients, and helps save that sometimes unjustifiable $7 bag of granola sold at the local store–because trust me you’ll have loads to spare (it makes a lot). Try as a cereal on its own, cut up with some fruit, atop a smoothie, or with some yogurt.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/2 heaping cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts (crushed)
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, until all ingredients are coated well and evenly distributed.
- Add mixture to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and smelling delicious (trust me the smell is intoxicating).