Breakfast is so important to start your day. When we go to bed, sleep for 7-8 hours (recommended nightly sleep), and then wake up in the morning, your body has been depleted of its previously built-up energy stores, tapping them out while you sleep (yes the body keeps working internally, even if you’re not moving). So once you wake, your body is in need of more energy to refill those depleted stores. So it’s time to break the fast! Try this recipe out– it has rolled oats, which are a great source of dietary fiber and whole grains to fill you up and keep you satiated, and peanut butter, everybody’s’ favorite food. With protein, dietary fats, and micronutrients like potassium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorous, this peanut butter chocolate chip overnight oats recipe is a nutritional powerhouse of epic proportions. Not to mention this recipe is fun, easy, and all-around delicious!
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (can be equally substituted with honey or agave)
- 1-2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Mix together oats, milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup;
- Mix in Peanut Butter and chocolate chips;
- Let sit overnight (8-12 hours);
- Top with fresh fruit or eat on its own in the morning, afternoon, or evening!