This convenient dinner recipe is ready in about 30 minutes! The fish and vegetables cook together in a foil packet, making preparation and cleanup simple and easy. This customizable meal can be cooked in the oven, on the grill, or even over a campfire – making it the perfect summer recipe!
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 zucchini thinly sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
4 salmon fillets skin removed (about 4 ounces each)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Spray four large square pieces of aluminum foil (about 8″ x 8″) with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Divide zucchini, bell pepper and onion evenly among the four pieces of aluminum foil.
5. Place a salmon on top of the vegetables.
6. Drizzle each salmon fillet with the lemon juice mixture.
7. Seal the foil packets by folding them over the fish and pinching tightly to close.
8. Place the foil packets on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Pick your favorite vegetables! If you just want to use zucchini, or if you just want to use peppers and onions, that’s fine — just double or triple the quantities accordingly. You can also use chopped cabbage, sliced mushrooms, yellow summer squash, fresh spinach, or other vegetables that you enjoy.
- For a shortcut, skip the homemade lemon sauce and use a store-bought Greek vinaigrette salad dressing to drizzle over your fish and vegetables.
- Don’t love salmon? Substitute with pieces of fresh cod, mahi-mahi, or your other favorite fish.
- Make sure that you tightly seal your foil packets so that none of the steam escapes while the salmon is baking.
- If you don’t want to bake the salmon in the oven, you can also put these foil packets on the grill or cook them over a campfire!