A cup of afternoon tea and a little taste of summer.
Summer is a special time when citrus fruits are all the more appealing.
Lemon is one of my favorites to enjoy this time of year.
Loaded with Vitamin C to keep your immune system in tip-top shape, citrus fruits are a great way to enjoy the summer months.
Adapted from: Julie Blanner
-2 cups butter (salted)
-½ cup brown sugar
-½ cup cane sugar
-3.5-4 cups flour
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-zest of 1 lemon
- Whip butter until smooth and light in color. Add brown sugar/cane sugar until combined.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Gradually add in flour until dough begins to form. Add up to an additional ½ c flour if needed so that the dough forms and ball and isn’t sticky.
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll dough to ½” thick on a floured surface, use cookie cutters to cut and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes (depending on size of your cutters), watching carefully as to not over-bake.