It’s just a little chilly here in the DFW Metroplex, and I don’t know about you, but when it starts to get a little chilly there’s nothing I love more than a cozy cup of hot cocoa! With just a few ingredients you can create a scrumptious drink that helps you save a little pocket change, and not have to leave the house!
- 1 ¼ cup milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa/Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup/Honey/Agave
- Optional – a pinch of Cinnamon!
- In a sauce pan, warm up milk to a soft boil;
- Add in cocoa powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup;
- After about 2 minutes pour into a cup and enjoy it!
- Roll out Pie Crust dough and line a pie dish with the dough.
- Cover dough with aluminum foil and pie weights (or extra cooking dish) so that dough can ‘par-cook’ at 400F for 16-17 minutes.
- Uncover and poke fork ‘holes’ in the bottom of the dough and cook an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F.
- While the dough is cooking, saute oil, spinach and garlic in a saute pan until golden brown–set aside.
- Mix together eggs, milk, spinach mixture, roast tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Pour mixture into the pie pan with crust.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, making sure to avoid overbaking.
Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!