Yes, this spinach, roast tomato, and feta quiche recipe may look complicated, but trust me, it’s one of the simplest and most delicious ways to get yourself cooking more, and it may just make you feel a little bit more elegant too!
Alternative Option: Buy Premade Crust in the freezer section of your local grocery store
- 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Salted Butter (Chilled & Cubed)
- 1/4c Coconut Oil
- 1/4c Ice Water
- Homemade Crust FULL Recipe
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups (packed) spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ roasted tomatoes (either canned or roast @ 350F for 30-minutes drizzled in olive oil)
- 4-oz feta cheese
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Mix Butter and Coconut Oil into Flour until sandy in texture.
- Slowly incorporate ice cold water until dough forms.
- Refrigerate for minimum of 2-hours.
- Roll out Pie Crust dough and line a pie dish with the dough.
- Cover dough with aluminum foil and pie weights (or extra cooking dish) so that dough can ‘par-cook’ at 400F for 16-17 minutes.
- Uncover and poke fork ‘holes’ in the bottom of the dough and cook an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F.
- While the dough is cooking, saute oil, spinach and garlic in a saute pan until golden brown–set aside.
- Mix together eggs, milk, spinach mixture, roast tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Pour mixture into the pie pan with crust.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, making sure to avoid overbaking.
Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!