With all this extra time indoor baking is a great therapeutic and enjoyable activity to pass by the time and spend time with those close to you (while practicing social distancing of course-lol). Let the sweet aroma of homemade goodies fill the air and enjoy these little morsels of joy!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of: Pinch of Yum
- 1 stick (½ cup) of salted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. It should form one large ball that is easy to handle.
- Add the chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until barely golden.