As we all know the effects of CoronaVirus-19 could take a toll on your immune system, and instead of spending our time overly concerned and stressed that you ‘might’ pick-up the virus, I would rather equip you with the tools to take all preventative measures that you can. As mentioned in a previous recipe post, Vitamin C is the bodies’ main micro-nutrient that helps to strengthen our immune system. And some of the foods richest in Vitamin C are Broccoli, Red Bell Peppers, Garlic, and Ginger, so what’s better than an immunity boosting, Vitamin-C rich stir-fry to help prevent the spread of infection!!
20-minute Immunity Boosting Stir-Fry
Homemade Stir-Fry Sauce
-1 cup chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
-2 Tbsp cornstarch
-5 Tbsp Soy Sauce/Tamari
-2 Tbsp light brown sugar
-½ tsp chili paste or sriracha
-1.5 tsp fresh ginger
-¼ tsp crushed red pepper
-1 lb cooked chicken, beef, pork, or tofu
-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
-4 cloves garlic
-1.5 tsp minced ginger
-1 cup snap peas
-½ cup shredded carrots
-1 cup mushrooms
-drizzle of sesame oil
-minced fresh cilantro
-chopped green onions
-1-2 cups cooked noodles/rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauces, brown sugar, sambal oelek, ginger, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Add oil, garlic and ginger to a large wok and skillet, cooking for 30 seconds;
- Add stir-fry vegetables and cook until crisp tender.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add stir fry noodles or rice and protein source of choice;
- Drizzle with sesame oil, then top with garnishes and serve.