The great debacle of 2019 was the infamous ‘Which Sandwich is better? Chik-Fil-A or Popeyes?’ am I right? But that was so 2019. Here in 2020 I have the REAL Best Chicken sandwich, and it’s one you can make under your own roof. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you have yourself a quick and tasty little number.
3-4 oz of cooked chicken breast (shredded)
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce of choice (my favorite is Annie’s Smokey Maple BBQ Sauce)
3-4 ½’ slices of granny smith apples
1 slice (approx. 1-oz) of smoked gouda cheese
2 slices bread of choice
- Optional Additional Ingredient: Shredded Cabbage
- IF cooking the meat, heat skillet pan to medium-high heat and cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165F (to prevent foodborne illness) and shred chicken;
- Mix BBQ sauce with shredded chicken and while chicken is still hot place cheese onto chicken;
- Toast Bread in toaster oven;
- Assemble Sandwich as such: bread, chicken w/ cheese, apple slices, and bread.