The cool crisp chill of December days have struck us all now, and honestly, there’s nothing quite like a cozy soup to warm you up! And my favorite part about soups is you can throw together almost all your leftover vegetables and ingredients and create a really hearty and scrumptious dish! Go ahead and try this one out:
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery stalks (not entire celery bunch)
- 1 (16-oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (16-oz) can cannellini beans
- ½ bunch kale
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a stock pot, Add in onions and leeks, cooking on medium-heat until softened. Add in garlic, thyme, carrot, and celery.
- Add in tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
- Place lid on pot and simmer for 15-minutes
- Remove lid and add in cannellini beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in kale. Place lid back on pot and simmer additional 5 minutes (or until kale begins to break down/wilt).
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Serve with Fresh Bread & Enjoy!!